Ronda, being a charming city in the Andalusian region of Spain, offers some delightful sweets and desserts that are worth trying. Here are some of the famous sweets you can find in Ronda:
- Yemas de Ronda: Yemas are a traditional Spanish sweet made with egg yolks and sugar. In Ronda, they have their own version called “Yemas de Ronda,” which are small, rich, and sweet egg yolk candies often wrapped in colorful papers.
- Almendrados: These are almond-based cookies that are popular in many regions of Spain, including Ronda. They are made with ground almonds, sugar, and egg whites, giving them a chewy and nutty texture.
- Tortas de Aceite: A type of sweet, thin, and crispy biscuit made with olive oil, sugar, and anise. They are perfect for enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Alfajores: These are traditional Andalusian sweets made with almond and honey. They have a soft, cake-like texture and are often dusted with powdered sugar.
- Roscos de Vino: These wine-infused ring-shaped cookies are a popular treat during festive occasions in Ronda. They are flavored with wine and anise, giving them a unique taste.
- Pestiños: Commonly served during Christmas, pestiños are deep-fried pastries coated with honey or sugar syrup and sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Mantecados and Polvorones: While not originally from Ronda, you can find these traditional Spanish shortbread cookies in many places throughout Spain, and Ronda is no exception. They are especially popular during the Christmas season.
When visiting Ronda, make sure to explore the local bakeries and pastry shops to discover these delicious treats and get a taste of the region’s sweet culinary offerings.